BENTON – State Rep. Dave Severin (R-Benton) is reminding local governments that the application period for Open Space Lands Acquisition and Development Grants administered through the Illinois Department of Natural Resources is open through August 31, 2023.
According to IDNR’s website, the Open Space Lands Acquisition and Development (OSLAD) Program is a state-financed grant program that provides funding assistance to local government agencies for acquisition and/or development of land for public parks and open space.
“These grants have historically helped local government units to acquire and develop land for public outdoor park, recreation, or conservation purposes,” Severin said. “I’m encouraging all eligible local government units to pursue these funds to assist in developing land for parks, green spaces, and recreational activities.”
To learn more about how to apply for OSLAD grant funding, local government officials may visit: https://dnr.illinois.gov/grants/openspacelandsaquisitiondevelopment-grant.html
OSLAD Grant funding can be used for the following projects:
- Picnic and playground facilities
- Outdoor nature interpretive facilities
- Sports courts and play fields
- Swimming pools, beaches and bathhouses
- Campgrounds and fishing piers
- winter sports facilities
- Park roads and paths, parking, utilities and restrooms
- Architectural/engineering (A/E) services necessary for proper design and construction of approved project components.